So, as a followup to my idea last year, I did end up taking mass orders for holiday challot again this year. I ended up making about 12 batches of dough, or about 30 lbs of flour.
In a week, I transformed this:
It worked out into something like 19 loaves of varying sizes and toppings. I even convinced Heather to learn how to make/braid challah during my marathon baking schedule 🙂
I received nothing but rave reviews from everyone who had some! Barring a crazy schedule again next fall, I believe I’ll do this again, albeit with adjusted prices. I severely under-priced my labor cost this time around so I’ll be sure to account for it next time.